Louis Adam

Louis Adam
Poser!

About Me

My photo
Divorced and mummy of little boy! Partner / owner in a young, fast growing maternity, baby and childrens company selling. clothing and products within the industry. Childrens writer and currently working on a series for teenagers and adults.

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Child Poverty!

Last night I was watching television and was horrified that in 2011 in the UK there is so much child poverty that it was upsetting to watch the documentry. It showed 3 different families with children, one was in Norwich I believe another in Glasgow and I am not sure where the third was from and to see what little these children has was really very upsetting. They  obviously have some bad times and are often sad as some of them are bullied at school as their clothes are torn, worn out or too small and one little boy even had to wear his older sister's blouse for school as his father whom could not get a job could not afford to buy him a school blouse.

Yet, some of those children still smiled and could still be happy and has a little bit of childhood. Many of them had grown up too quickly as they had seen too much too soon. I saw clothes that were so dirty, houses with no carpets, bare floors that were so worn out it was awful. It makes me realise how lucky I was and how lucky my little boy is. It inspired me to try and find ways to help them even though I cannot directly help them myself.

So many of us are lucky that we do not have to worry quite as mauch as they do. However, I am not saying that everyone else has nothing to worry about as we all have worries about money or other things. But, we can only try to help them as much as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment